Highly effective, acid-free and pH balanced (6~7pH) car paint, wheels & glass cleaner (safe for all wheels including aluminum/Chromes/Anodized and alloys). This formulation is also effective and safe for use on all car surfaces and will not deteriorate clear coats. This preventative measure puts a stop to corrosion , IronX contains unique chemical ingredients that effectively dissolves the sintered iron by forming a water soluble iron complex. No other method cleans paint and wheels as deeply as IronX. The IronX Paint and wheels Decontamination System was developed as a method of removing paint contamination beyond what can be removed by washing or claying !!. If you are familiar with detail clay, you know it is capable of removing above surface contaminants that have bonded to the paint. The IronX is designed to remove what lies below the paint surface as well as above.
Airborne chemical compounds and ferrous particles (particles containing iron) actually penetrate the paint and create corrosive compounds that eat deep into the paint’s sub-layers or paint’s pin-holes. This is a gradual process that often is not evident until it’s too late. Claying does not remove the entire particle which will continue to spread beneath the surface if not dissolved.
During the use of your vehicle, brake dust and road grime become sintered to the surface of the car paint , rims and wheels due to the high temperature conditions they are normally exposed. Brake dust contains high levels of iron and once sintered to the rim, becomes extremely difficult to dissolve or remove without the use of harsh chemicals. IronX opens up the paint’s pores to release ferrous particles and to neutralize caustic compounds that have developed in the paint’s subsurface. Ongoing damage is immediately stopped and future damage is prevented by removing the ferrous particles.
IronX sprays on as a transparent liquid. As the cleansing liquid begins to work into the dirt and grime, the formula begins to turn purple/ red. The purple/red coloration is the IronX Cleaner forming a bond to the sintered iron on the car paint and wheel and changing its state to a water soluble complex for easy removal. Stubborn, baked on grime may take a small amount of agitation. Rinse car paint and wheels thoroughly with a power washer and wipe dry.
The IronX is used by body shops for pre-cleaning prior to detailing and by dealerships for new and used car prep. It is proven to deliver a clean, glassy smooth vehicle that is protected from the harmful effects of paint contamination. No other is as fast and effective at removing multi-layer paint and wheels contamination.
- Removes Iron Particles and prevents the spread of iron-related damage & helps to protect your vehicle from paint system failure.
- New Formula combines Cherry perfume to aid in masking Iron Dissolving Chemicals
- Safe to use, Acid Free, and pH neutral (pH 6-7).
- Safe to use on Clear Coat Paint
- Safe to use on Aluminum, Chrome, Anodized, Alloy, or Clear coated wheels.
- Safe for use on all solid car surfaces and will not deteriorate clear coats. (Avoid using on Fabric Convertible tops.
- Shake the bottle.
- You can cover the surface with Iron X by spraying it everywhere but that can be wasteful. I recommend that you spray as needed and spread it with a small sponge or applicator to cover the entire surface. You may also consider using an atomizer type spray bottle or HVLP gun. In any case evenly cover the surfaces you wish to decontaminate. The product is strong so you don’t have to be wasteful. Just make sure it contacts the entire surface.
- Allow the product to dwell for 5 minutes in the shade. Do not allow it to dry in the sun. On light colored paints you will see the product dissolving ferrous particles as it turns color. On darker colored paints everything is happening in exactly the same way. It’s simply more difficult for you to view the color changing affect. I have read people saying the product works better on lighter colored cars but that is illogical and is not the case. It works the same regardless of car color.
- After allowing to dwell take a damp (not soaked) grout or other paint safe sponge (or other media if you prefer) and agitate the surface
- Thoroughly rinse the surface.
- Use outside or with sufficient ventilation.
- Use latex or Nitrile gloves, and face protection.
- If there is an inordinate amount of tree sap, tar, other organic material, wax, or sealants on the vehicle I recommend you strip them first with TarX so Iron X can attack the ferrous particles without any interference.
- For best results apply to a mostly dry surface. A few drops of water is ok.